Saturday, November 1, 2014

Elsa the Snow Queen (Bust)



Elsa the Snow Queen of Arendelle is the deuteragonist of Disney's Academy Award-winning 2013 animated feature film Frozen. She is the older sister of Princess Anna and was next in line for Arendelle's throne, until her powers over ice and snow led her to become the famous Snow Queen, ruler of winter. She is voiced by Idina Menzel. Along with Anna, Elsa is set to become the 13th official member of the Disney Princess line-up. Elsa is loosely based on the title character of "The Snow Queen", a short story by Hans Christian Andersen, and to a much lesser extent, Kai from the same story. While the character from the original fairy tale was an antagonist, Elsa was rewritten as a protagonist.
About the Model (Capeless):
Height: 99.9cm
Width: 45.6cm
Depth: 36.8cm
Difficulty: 5/10
Number of Pages: 42
Number of Parts: 122
Download A4 ONLY
Build order: Start with the tip of the braid, then continue in this order. hair, face, neck, arms, snowflake(optional), torso, skirt, mountain top, castle. Finish the craft by building the four flat parts and gluing the craft on top of it.
Notes: Very thick paper is pretty much mandatory, especially for the base. No cape is available since it would take up probably more than 100 pages double sided. So just go out and get a square meter of blue tulle or some similar material to make a cape. She looks quite good without a cape too.


7 comments:

  1. Hey.. Is that real?? I mean, I' sorry but I'm just finishing the Alice Madness Return's Hobby Horse level 3 and it took me about 49 pages. It's not 1m tall. this Elsa seens to be very more complicated (even it's just the bust) and only 42 pages.. :/
    Well, it's not a problem, really, I just thought it's an amazing piece.. I do loved your blog (I just coudn't look at everything yet)
    Found your blog after search on Google for the "Gear Heart" and found your post on DeviantArt... Must say, the few thing I saw are just great. Congratulations.. hope we can chat about paper someday :)
    I'll try to make this piece. ;)
    Thanks for the files!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Today I started the Elsa build (for my daughter) and I need some info how to identify particular parts of the model. Which sheet/page includes suggested first stage of the build: tip of the braid, and so on? am I right thinking that parts placed on following pages are adjacent in the 3D model? Or is there another key?

    Kind regards, Merry X-mas and Happy New Year:

    Bartholomew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parts on the pages have no particular order, the reason is that I try to make the craft have the smallest number of pages for those who pay to print by page.

      The tip of the braid is on page 4.

      I recommend opening the .pdo file from the package with pepakura viewer. It can be very helpful as you get a 3d view of the model and the parts, and upon clicking the part you need in 3d, it will highlight the part it belongs to.

      Merry Christmas to you as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you on behalf of my daughter :)

    ABT

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for sharing ! <3 Is

    ReplyDelete
  5. No encuentro el link de descarga, me podrán decir de dónde realizarla!!! Xfavor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracias desde cucuta ..colombia..me llamo wesley y me gusto su idea..bienvenido a mi pais..y gracias por elsa..mi whatsapp es 3103300274.

    ReplyDelete